Pennsylvania Department of Health
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
Pennsylvania's Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
Fun Kid Friendly Recipes https://recipes.heart.org/en/collections/lifestyles/kid-friendly
WEBINARS for KIDS & their PARENTS
- What Every Elementary/Middle Student Needs to know about Coronavirus Webinar
- When: Choose from- April 11 @ 3 pm, April 14 @ 6 pm, April 18 @ 3 pm, April 21 @ 6 pm, April 25 @ 3 pm, April 28 @ 6 pm, May 2 @ 3 pm
- Fee: Free!
- Pre-registration is required
- Presenter: Dr. Anthony Santella, Associate Professor Of Public Health, Hofstra University
- This webinar is designed for elementary and middle school children. While children are our primary audience, we welcome parents/guardians, teachers, counselors, school administrators, health professions who work with youth, and anyone who is interested in getting information on the novel coronavirus or COVID-19. The webinar will use medically accurate and age appropriate content for children in grades K-8. The content will focus on basic facts related to the science and public health along with frequently asked questions about how the coronavirus impacts things that matter to children like their friends, pets, vacations, etc. Click title (above) to register.
- By now, we've all seen lessons in handwashing. This video takes it up a notch by using body paint to show how much scrubbing you really need to do.
- PBS Kids Handwashing video and social skills and emotional support https://www.pbs.org/parents/thrive/how-to-talk-to-your-kids-about-coronavirus
- MILESTONES BY TOPIC
EMOTIONS & SELF-AWARENESS
- We Can!
A national program that offers information for families and communities to help children maintain a healthy weight through activity and good food choices.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
Provides useful and up-to-date information for parents/guardians concerning physical, mental, and social health issues from infancy through young adulthood. An important resource for parents/guardians who may have questions about specific health, social, or developmental concerns.
- Centers for Disease Control
Gives health and safety information for the purpose of achieving improvement in people's well being. This site provides current information on almost any health and safety topic as well as publications and products.
- National Institutes of Health
A medical research agency whose purpose is to improve health and save lives. There are 27 institutes and centers which make up the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and provide helpful information and fact sheets concerning medical conditions and achieving optimal health.
- Healthy People 2010
Provides a comprehensive set of guidelines for disease prevention and health promotion. Covers a wide range of health topics.
Gives dietary and exercise guidelines for healthy living. Has fun tools for tracking dietary intake and exercise progress.
- American Diabetes Association
The American Diabetes Association (ADA) is the leading nonprofit organization for diabetes in the US. Provides information for parents/guardians, students, and health care professionals. A great resource for all your diabetic questions.
- American Heart Association
A resource to learn about cardiovascular diseases, stroke, and prevention. Has a specific section on children's health.
- American Cancer Society
Provides information on cancer for patients, family members, survivors, and health care professionals. Site includes cancer facts, treatment options, support services, and a bookstore as well as other useful features.
- The Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network
Makes available information concerning allergies with special attention to food allergies. Also provides information about managing food allergies in childcare and school settings. Has separate teen and kid specific web sites.
- Allergy and Asthma Network
This web site is designed to help people live with allergies and asthma. There are specific sections on coping with allergies and asthma in the home, childcare, and school settings. Provides useful information in regards to pets, play time, and shopping.